Have you ever heard of or seen dog vomit slime mold? If not, prepare to be amazed! The slime mold species Fuligo septica was first described in 1753 by Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus. This species gets its name from the Latin fuligo which means soot and septica which means related to disease, as it was once believed to be an infectious disease that could pass from dogs to humans via their breath or body fluids.
Pick Out the Materials
-1. A mason jar or other glass container with a lid
-2. A small piece of bread
Prepare the Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
1. Fill a jar with 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide.
2. Add a few drops of food coloring (optional).
3. Screw the lid on tightly, and then shake the jar vigorously for about 20 seconds.
4. Let the jar sit until there is a ring on the inside that does not go away when you tap it with your finger or wipe it off with a paper towel, which will take 10-20 minutes.
Mix in the Bleach
Dog vomit slime mold is a uniquely beautiful creature that can be grown in your home with minimal effort. In order to grow dog vomit slime mold, you’ll need the following: a jar, water, agar-agar powder (can be found at most grocery stores), ground beef or horse manure, coffee grounds, oatmeal, bread crumbs and dog vomit. Fill the jar with water and add a few spoonful’s of agar-agar powder. Mix it together until it’s dissolved completely.
Add in the Vinegar
The dog vomit slime mold is a fascinating organism that can thrive in an environment that would be toxic to most other species. These organisms thrive in moist environments, producing masses of greenish-yellow slimy structures that give off a strong odor reminiscent of wet dog food. If you’re looking for something new, try growing your own slime mold! Here’s how
Pour The Solution Into A Container
Place the container in an area where it won’t get any direct sunlight. If you’re not sure, try placing it in a darker room and see what happens.
Open up the lid every few days and sprinkle some water on top of the dog vomit slime mold, but don’t pour too much at once or you’ll drown it!
Place the Foam into a Container
1. First, put the foam into a container with a lid.
2. Then, put the container in a cool place with plenty of air circulation.
3. Now, wait a few days and watch as your slime mold grows!
4. Once you have a healthy crop of dog vomit slime mold, you can harvest it by cutting off pieces of the foam with scissors or gently tearing it off with your fingers.