If you want your kitchen to look more modern, but you don’t have the time or the money to do a full renovation, here are 8 hacks that will help you fake a kitchen reno!
1) Try New Hardware
There’s no need to buy new kitchen cabinets when you can just cover the old ones with new hardware. Hardware stores will have tons of options for varying styles and prices, so take your time looking around before you settle on something.
2) Paint cabinets black
One of the best ways to make your old kitchen look new again is by painting the cabinets black. This will instantly update and modernize any kitchen. A lot of people believe that painting cabinets is too much work, but it’s actually pretty simple. To paint them, all you need is a few cans of spray paint, some rags and lint-free cloths, and some sandpaper or steel wool (optional).
3) Repaint cabinets
You can give your cabinets a fresh coat of paint without having to do any work. Just tape off the outside of the cabinet with painter’s tape and prime it with an oil-based primer. Apply your color of choice, let dry, then remove the tape.
4) Install in-cabinet lighting
In-cabinet lighting is an easy way to bring more light into your kitchen. They’re also inexpensive, simple to install, and don’t require any electricity. All you need are some basic tools and a few hours of time.
1. Take out the cabinet doors and drawers from the side you want to install the lights in.
2. Take measurements for each cabinet opening (make sure they’re at least 12 inches apart).
5) Add removable shelves
Add removable shelves. If you don’t want to completely redo your cabinets, add removable shelves to the inside of the cabinet doors. You can find these online or at many home improvement stores.
6) Add pot racks
One of the most difficult aspects of updating your kitchen is deciding what to do with the cabinets. If you’re on a tight budget, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with these eight hacks that can help fake an updated kitchen without breaking the bank.
• Add pot racks to hang cast iron and other pots and pans from your ceiling. This will make them more accessible while also adding an element of style.
7) Switch out faucets and taps
Switching out faucets and taps can give your kitchen an instant facelift. This is a quick project that you can usually do in an afternoon, with the help of a friend if needed.
8) Change your sink / basin
1) Replace your sink basin with a more modern-looking one. This is the easiest and cheapest way to update your kitchen. A new basin can change the shape, depth and color of your sink. It also gives you an opportunity to update other fixtures in the room such as faucets, towel bars or soap dispensers.